Zapier is an online platform helping non technical users connecting multiple applications together.
1. Install the Zapier application
1.1. Fetch the redirection URI
Go to zapier.com and login or create a new account
My Appssection, click in
Connect a new accountand search for
In the popup, copy the redirection address (Redirect URI) displayed above the Client ID and Client Secret fields. It is the same address, so you can copy it only once.
Keep the popup open to finish the connexion after step 1.2.
1.2. Register a new connexion on dokos
Open dokos and go o module
- Create a new
OAuth Clientdocument, give a name to the client application (E.g. Zapier) and paste the redirection URI copied earlier in fields
Default redirection URI.
- Save and dokos will automatically generate the two missing informations to finish your connection to Zapier: The Client ID and Client Secret. Copy these two keys.
1.3. Setup social login keys
To allow OAuth2 integrations types, at least one Frappe social login key is required.
- Go to
Integrations > Social Login Key
- Create a new social login key
- In the field Social Login Provider, select
- In the field Base URL register the base URL of your site without any subdomain.
E.g. If your URL is
1.4. Finish Zapier authentication
Go back to Zapier and open the window from section 1.1. again.
- Base URL: Register the Base URL of your dokos site. E.g.
- Client ID: Paste the corresponding key generated at step 1.2.
- Client Secret: Paste the corresponding key generated at step 1.2.
- Click on
- You will be redirected to your dokos site to validate the authentication. Click on
🎉 Your Zapier application is now connected to your dokos site.
You can create your first Zap.
2. Create a Zap
The dokos Zapier application allows the creation of two types of interactions:
- Triggering a Zap based on an event affecting a document
- Searching or creating an document
2.1. Generating a Zap
To generate a new Zap, select the dokos application in the Zap editor.
- In the Choose Trigger Event field, select Document events.
- Select an account to use. It will probably be the account created at step 1.
- In the Customize Document section, select:
- The DocType (document type) used to trigger a Zap
- The event (Trigger Event) triggering this Zap.
This event can be one of the following:
- After insert: After the creation of a document
- On change: After the modification of a document (can be triggered simultaneously with
- On update: After saving the document
- On submit: After the submission of the document
- On update after submit: After saving an already submitted document. Possible only if some fields are allowed to be edited after submission.
- On cancel: After cancellation of the document
- On trash: After deletion of the document
- The fields to send to Zapier (Webhook Data) Click on the + button to add an additional field
Good to know
The Zapier integration creates new Webhooks in dokos.
You can find them in
Integrations > Webhooks.
You can then save and create you action with another Zapier application or with the dokos application.
2.2. Triggering an action on dokos
There are two types of actions available on dokos: Create Document or Find Document
2.2.1. Create a document
Once you have selected the type of document to create, choose some values for the mandatory fields and test you Zap. A new document should be created on your dokos site.
2.2.2. Find a document
If you want to find a document, you can define 3 parameters: 1. The maximum number of documents to fetch 2. The name of the fields to fetch 3. A filter to find your documents If you want to find a specific document, think about filtering per ID (Name in dokos).
Create dokos Document if it doesn't exist yet? you autorize Zapier to create a new document if it doesn't find the document matching your filters.
Once your document found or created, you can go to the next step and reuse it in another Zap.
3. Data format
When you send a field of type Date or Datetime, you need to use the following formats:
YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ssE.g. 2019-11-30 08:30:00
You can use the Zapier Formatter tool if needed. For the Datetime format, you can select the option "Use a Custom Value":
The application doesn't yet autorize sending arrays in document objects. Please send us an email at email@example.com if this limitation causes you integration issues.