A payment entry is a document recording a payment made against a party.
1. How to create a payment entry
- In a submitted but unpaid sales order, sales invoice or purchase invoice click on 'Make > Payment entry'
- Check the paid amount
- Check the allocation to the reference document (sales order, sales invoice, etc...)
- Add a reference and a reference date
- Save and submit
2. How to register fees associated to a payment
The deductions or loss table allows us to register any type of fees associated to a payment.
A purchase invoice of $40 has been posted for an amount of 36€ in the company currency. The payment, several days later, is from 37€. In the payment entry, the amount paid will be of 37€, the amount allocated to the invoice of 36€ and in the deduction table we add the following line:
Account: Foreign exchange loss Amount: 1€
A sales invoice of 1000€ has been paid via GoCardlees, the amount really received is therefore 998€. The amount paid in the payment entry is therefore 998€. The amount allocated to the invoice is 1000€. In the deduction table, we add the following line:
Account: GoCardless fees Amount: 2€